Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

My mind is so overwhelmed as I take time to look back and reflect on the past year! It seems that each year goes by faster than I ever want it to! But one thing remains true each year as I reflect, and that is God's faithfulness!!!!! He is my one constant....my rock....He is there when I'm lonely, angry, broken-hearted, excited, happy...and He never gets tired of me! :) He loves my just the same, and for that I am forever grateful.
There is one bit of news that I want to share. When we first signed up to adopt from Congo, we were being told that the entire process from start to finish is 9 months. As I've said before, there have been some big changes in the Congo. The agency is now saying 12-24 months from start to finish!!!! That is a HUGE difference! I'm not sure how to take it all in. My heart hurts to know that after we get matched with our precious Eden, it could be months or years before I get to hold him! PLEASE please be in prayer about this with me. Pray that God will intervene and allow the new judge to begin to process paperwork faster. Pray for God's favor over us and over Eden. Pray for God's will to be done. I am at peace with this because I know that God is in control. Congo is NOT in control. My faithful Father is! Once we get matched with Eden, we will have to pay $200/month for orphanage fees. That is another huge ordeal. We want him to come home quickly to us not just so we don't have to pay, but so that he is with our family who already loves him so much!!
I pray that each of you grows closer to God than ever before! If you've never asked God to have complete control over your life and totally surrendered, wouldn't this be a great year for that?? Praying for each of you, dear friends! Love and hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment